While we can’t run together in person, we can run together virtually!
Challenge yourself and your friends in the beautiful course between Ispra and Ranco, on the shore of lake Maggiore.
We have two different distances that you can participate by yourself, 10km (for seasoned athletes) and 4.65km (for beginners). If running is not your thing, you can also walk.
The race window is opened between 25 April and 25 May. You can run anytime, how many times you want. Just choose when it is more suitable to you.
What are you waiting for? Lace up your shoes and hit the pavement!
How does it work?
- Create your free Strava account or use your existing one: https://www.strava.com
- Join the PT-Semester Club on Strava: https://www.strava.com/clubs/899105
- Decide on your distance: 10k or 4.65k.
- Record your run with your GPS watch or the Strava App on your smart phone.
- Upload your run to Strava and check your result on the leaderboard.
- Distance: 10.02km
- Lowest Elevation: 198m
- Highest Elevation: 227m
- Elevation Difference: 29m
- Start and end: San Martino church (Ispra)
Strava segment: https://www.strava.com/segments/27736960
4.65k Beginners Run
- Distance: 4.65km
- Lowest Elevation: 198m
- Highest Elevation: 210m
- Elevation Difference: 12m
- Start and end: Hotel Europa (Ispra)
Strava segment: https://www.strava.com/segments/27780459
Set the fastest time in one of the segments to earn a medal and one of the goodie bags. Prizes available for the first 3 places in:
- 10k men
- 10k women
- 4.65k beginners men
- 4.65k beginners women
- The race starts on 25 April at 5h00 and ends on 25 May at 23h59.
- You need to join the PT-Semester Club on Strava (https://www.strava.com/clubs/899105) for your participation to be eligible.
- You can only run in one of the races/segments. If you run both races/segments, only the participation in the 10k race will be considered.
- You can run how many times you want the selected race/segment during the period of the race.
- All runs must be uploaded to Strava no later than two days after the end of the race.
- Manual entries, virtual runs, treadmill runs will not be considered. Activities must be marked "Everyone".
- You must cross through the segment start, continue on its path exactly as it was created, and cross over the segment finish in order to match.
- Once you've started the segment, you may not deviate from the segment's path whatsoever. In other words, stay on the segment.
- You must complete the segment in the direction it was created. You cannot complete it in the opposite direction.
- Avoid resting right before or right after the segment, because this resting time may get included in your segment time and we will not adjust your match to remove this time. More info here.
- Make sure your device indicates that you have a strong GPS signal prior to recording. If your device does not have a strong signal, the GPS data may be offtrack from the segment and this may cause you to not match that segment.
- Take some cool shots and upload them to your social media pages using the hashtags #PTSemesterRun #jrcrun4fun
- Please respect and adhere to all health guidelines and restrictions in your area regarding Covid-19, including any local restrictions on travel from neighbouring municipalities. If completing this segment would violate any local restrictions, we may postpone the start date of this race.
- All participants should protect their health and safety and that of others by social distancing while running.
- Consider completing your run on a weekday or off-peak time.
- Please stay up-to-date on the latest news and guidelines from Lombardy Region.
- Running is at your own risk and the organiser cannot be held responsible for any injuries or accidents.
In partnership with