The Portuguese Semester 2021 has joined forces with the recently created ‘Joint Running Club’ and the European Commission Fit@Work initiative, to organise a non-competitive Virtual Run & Walk from Ispra to Lisbon, now passing by all other JRC sites.
All European Commission or JRC staff around Europe, is welcomed to join and contribute also just by walking to the completion of this challenge to reach the established distance. This challenge is also open to family and friends! Such a challenge will be active from the 25th April 2021, Dia da Liberdade, to the 10th June 2021, Dia de Portugal.
We would be talking about a little more than 2000 km if we took the shortest and most direct route. As we want to pickup on other colleagues in other JRC sites the target will be 3289 km. Clearly, we count on everyone to help us reach such an ambitious objective! Don't let us down and join the challenge and start contributing with your km from the 25th April!
How to Join:
- Download the strava app on your device if not already installed.
- Click on the icon and register or authenticate using your Google, Apple, Facebook, etc. account.
- Skip the various 'optional' configuration settings.
- Go through the ‘Set Up Checklist’. Activate the various sections, as these will allow you to take advantage of the app functionality.
- After completing this initial configuration go to the ‘Explore’ section of the app. Choose the ‘Clubs’ option at the top and then search for ‘Joint Running Club’.
- Once found click on it and then choose ‘Join’.
- Then scroll to the bottom and then ‘Join’ the ‘Ispra to Lisbon’ event scheduled to start on the 25th April 2021.
Like this, you may easily contribute with your km’s ran or walked until the 10th June, to help us reach Lisbon while departing from Ispra and passing by Karlsruhe, Brussels, Geel, Petten and Seville ending up in Lisbon.
We really want many to be part of our 'boat' crew, in this collective effort hoping that we may also think about returning to our starting point! We are stronger together! Let's 'rock the boat'!
In close collaboration with
Joint Running Club